NEW 2013-2014 Catalog

NEW 2013-2014 Catalog
Click here to see all the catalogs including the Annual Catalog & Holiday Catalogs

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Relaxing day at the spa

Oh, how I wish I was at the spa for the day.  *sigh*
My coworker decided his wife, who just turned the big 4-0, deserved a day at the spa.  So he asked me to make a card for him to give to her.  He wanted calming colors, and large enough to put her itinerary on there, too.  So I designed this 5x7 card for him.
I really had a ball making this card for her.  He told me later that she went out to buy a frame for the card.  That really made my day.

Here's the front of the card, and some detailed shots:





This is the back, where he wanted to put her itinerary for her special day



The products I used were almost completely Stampin' Up!.  Most of these items are retired products so I was thrilled to be able to use some of these things up!

Paper: Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette, whisper white
Ink: same as above, plus Basic Grey
Stamps: Fast and Fabulous, Tropical Party, Sanded, Watercolor trio
Accessories: build-a-brad, Kraft taffeta ribbon, Baja breeze pleated ribbon, white satin ribbon (non-SU), linen thread, dimentionals, scallop trim border punch

Hope you enjoyed my special birthday card as much as I enjoyed making it!
Make time to
~ be creative ~




1 comment:

  1. Ariel, this is a beautiful card! I can see why your co-worker's wife wanted to frame it!

    ReplyDelete