NEW 2013-2014 Catalog

NEW 2013-2014 Catalog
Click here to see all the catalogs including the Annual Catalog & Holiday Catalogs

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Sweet Baby's First Birthday

My sweet baby turned one this past week, and is no longer a baby.  He's a toddler.  I can't believe how time flies!  It was only yesterday that I brought that sweet-smelling, snuggly bundle home from the hospital!
We celebrated with a big party for family and friends that weekend.  We were overwhelmed with the generosity of our friends and the love everyone has for our son.

I was pretty excited to get to make something for his decorations--I made his Birthday banner and his invitations.  Here are some pictures of the banner I made; sorry for the poor quality of the pictures; I still don't know how to take a good picture with back light.

I used Stampin' Up! paper : Big Top Birthday and some retired SAB paper from last year (something about ice cream??  I don't recall the name of it)
I used Pacific Point cardstock for the letters to spell Happy First Birthday.  I used some ribbon from my stash that used the same colors of the paper: crushed curry polka dots, real red striped, and old olive grosgrain.
This picture is way too dark, but you can see how I hung the banner across the windows

Here is the happy birthday boy.  He LOVES balloons




  

Here is the invitation I sent out.  I decided to add two bows of twine to each end of the pennant banner on the card front after I took this picture.  The bows were a perfect touch, and really finished the look I wanted.
Cardstock: whisper white, Pacific point, summer sun, real read, Big Top Birthday, red glimmer
Accessories: bakers twine, red/white twine for the bows I put on the ends (not shown), dimensionals, little star punch, tag punch, pennant punch, stripes embossing folder, Big Shot
Ink: (markers) real red, old olive, bashful blue, pacific point, blushing bride, daffodil delight, rose red (for mouth), sponge

I sure had a ball with this stuff!  I hope you enjoyed it, too.  
Now, go out and 
~ be creative ~


2 comments:

  1. I love the invitation and the party banner. Very creative! And Martin is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin is precious. You did a great job on the invitations and the banner, WOW.
    Jeria

    ReplyDelete