NEW 2013-2014 Catalog

NEW 2013-2014 Catalog
Click here to see all the catalogs including the Annual Catalog & Holiday Catalogs

Monday, October 3, 2011

October is already here!

I can't believe that October is already upon us.  This week, the weather is gloriously cool (cold if you ask some folks around this house) and I love it!  When the weather turns cold, it makes me think about fall, pumpkins, Halloween, Halloween CANDY, chocolate, warm soup, cozy socks, hot chocolate, and of course Thanksgiving and Christmas (and all those lovely theme chocolates.  Are you noticing a pattern?)

I finally got around to taking some pictures of cards that have been given to me this summer or those we've made in class. 
This gorgeous card was made by my friend Wendy D.  She's been in my stamp club almost as long as I've been a demonstrator.  She's a fantastic artist!  Here, she used the Beautiful Wings embosslit, and the Elegant Bouquet folder (both used with the Big Shot).  Then she stamped the greeting on a cute banner. I love this!

These next cards are made by my dearest friend, Leah H.  This woman is a stampin' machine.  She can crank out the most beautiful cards and record time. And sometimes I'm lucky enough to get to pick one!  they are always so pretty, I find it hard to give them away.   Notice the lovely technique she used on this card- it's called bargello (see the tutorial here).  I love the way the black butterflies pop off this card!  And the ribbon is so yummy.  I wish SU! still had this gorgeous ribbon.
 

Make sure you look closely at the purple card above.  Leah stamped on the background of the card base, and embossed in clear on the top note die layer.  Then she finished off with some glitter on the focal image.

I am so impressed with the ladies in my stamp clubs.  I will make sure to take more pictures of their work and show you here.  I am blessed to call all of these ladies my friends. 

Here is a card I made, and we made this one for class, although slightly different.
The candle flame is made from the bird punch--it's his little wing! Everthing is sponged and there are several rhinestones to add a bit of sparkle.  And that makes everyone happy. 

I'll end this post with a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my mom and Mema.  I hope they have a wonderful day!  Love you!
~ be creative today~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment