NEW 2013-2014 Catalog

NEW 2013-2014 Catalog
Click here to see all the catalogs including the Annual Catalog & Holiday Catalogs

Monday, October 24, 2011

More details

I didn't put as many details in my blog hop post as I probably should have. So I wanted to take a moment to mention a few things that I didn't yesterday.

For the card, it's a 5 1/2 inch square card, layered with Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green, and Very Vanilla CS. The vanilla was cut using the large clear square scallop die on the Big Shot machine.  I stamped the tree in Garden Green twice, without reinking between stamps.  The house was stamped in Early Espresso, and colored with a blender pen and Cherry Cobbler ink.  You can't tell in the photos, but I colored the snow on the roof and part of the ground with the Moonlight Smooch Pearlized Ink  This stuff is handy, because it comes with a built in tiny paint brush, and you can get into the tiny spaces.  It really adds shine to the snow, without drawing too much attention.
The bow is made with the Cherry Cobbler bakers twine.  I used a needle to get the twine through the mini bells so they would hang from the bow.
Here's a picture to remind you of my project.  Scroll down to the Blog Hop post to see more pictures of this card.



The second project I did was that sweet little box.  I told you most of the major details about which paper I used, etc. in the original post.  I didn't talk much about the lollie on top.  It was easier I think, to use 2 scallop circles punched and scored between each scallop, than trying to use a strip of DSP scored--I still can't get that right :-)
The center is a piece of the same paper punched with a circle punch and is simply the reverse side of the paper.  I layered it with a felt snowflake (retired) and topped with a Vintage Brad.  I taped down a couple of pieces of Marina Mist taffeta ribbon to the box, then hot glued the lollie on top.
The little tag on the front was made using the Designer Label punch.  I colored the stamp with Marina Mist & Garden Green markers, then stamped on Whisper White. I punched it out, and also punched a piece of Marina Mist CS. The Marina Mist punch was cut in half in the center, so I could spread it out behind the white, and layer it, so you could see the edges.  I put another piece of white behind the label, thinking that I was going to hang it off the box somehow.  If it was hanging, you would see that blue paper in the back and I didn't want that---plus the extra white would provide a place to write your TO & FROM info.  But I changed my mind, and glued it to the front of the box instead.
If you notice, the bird image also has some words below them "to you and yours".  This was taken from the largest stamp in the set, with the swirls and the great big Happy Holidays.  You will notice this phrase under that Happy Holidays, which completes the saying on the whole sentiment.  I used my Marina Mist marker to color only that phrase and stamped it on the image.  I tried my luck and didn't use the Stamp-ama-jig to place those words, and I have to tell ya--that was some awesome stampin'!  :-)  Then, I just dotted the Dazzling glitter onto the image randomly.

I hope that clarifies any details I didn't mention about these projects.  Feel free to leave me a comment if you have any questions.
Here's the picture of the stamp I used for the words on the bird tag.

~ be creative! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment