NEW 2013-2014 Catalog

NEW 2013-2014 Catalog
Click here to see all the catalogs including the Annual Catalog & Holiday Catalogs

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Happy Hump Day!

Good Wednesday morning to you!
Today I'm sharing a couple of all-occasion cards you could make that won't take much time at all.  The first card uses the Treat Cups.  I haven't filled mine yet, but some blue & green M&Ms would be perfect.  I created a little door for the back of the cup so you can get the candy out without destroying the card.
I love the inside of the card, with the balloon basket floating away!


I used the Thoughts and Prayers set for the tree tops, and a scallop circle punch for the clouds.  You just lay that punch on your card front, and sponge with a swooshing motion up from your mask onto the card. Then move the scallop around to get as many clouds as you like.
I attempted to fill my cup with glitter, but I don't think that's such a good idea.  I like candy, buttons, tiny pieces of crimped paper, confetti--the ideas are endless.

My next project is very simple, and can be used for almost any occasion.  I used some retired printed vellum (Night & Day paper on the clearance rack!) but you can get the same effect by stamping on a piece of vellum or using the dots embossing folder.
I stamped on a piece of Whisper White CS with the stripes a la carte stamp, and punching with the largest scallop circle punch.  Mr. Owl is stamped with last year's SAB set, but you can build him with the owl punch if you don't have that set.  Add some rhinestones for eye-bling, strip of  old olive CS, white grosgrain ribbon, and you're done!
Hope you enjoyed these projects.  Make sure you make time today to go out and 

~ be creative ~

No comments:

Post a Comment