NEW 2013-2014 Catalog

NEW 2013-2014 Catalog
Click here to see all the catalogs including the Annual Catalog & Holiday Catalogs

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Boss's Day

Next Monday is Boss's Day.  I am quite fortunate to work for a great man.  He's not only a great manager, he's also a great person.  Which, in my opinion, you can't be a great manager without being a great person.  So our team (all 4 of us) decided that we'd like to do something special for him.  We talked about taking him out for lunch, or decorating his office. 
The office decorations won.  So we're doing star-themed decorations, in honor of the STAR award our corporate office does, for which he was nominated by us, but he didn't win it.  We were quite disappointed by that. So we'll make him our star anyway.
I would like to share the card I made.  I had a ball making this oversized card.  I figured we would need more room to write something poigniant and sappy, rather than just our signatures. 

I used Brilliant Blue (retired) cardstock, and some retired DSP I had that I thought would be perfect.  I printed the sentiment in Word, and used the font called Jokewood.  Stamped on the bottom section of the DSP with the stars from Extreme Elements.  That's also where the big blotch came from.  I embossed that in clear.
Punched some stars from coordinating paper, and use a chipboard star for the focal point.  I covered the star with Pacific Point ink, then painted the whole thing with Smooch paint, Pearlized Top Coat.  I glued an orange star behind the opening, and topped it off with a large star brad (I think those are still on the Clearance Rack on my SU website).
Take a look at the close up:

Then I searched the internet for something nice and appreciative-sounding, without being corny.  Granted, my manager appreciates corny--he is a Star Trek fan, afterall.  But I thought something nice would be better.  I'll save corny for the birthday card  :-)

Here's a look on the inside
I even stamped my initials with the Hand stamped seal on the back, and wheeled a couple of times with the Stars wheel.  I also used the wheel on the corners on the right side, and on the bottom on the left side.
Hope you enjoyed today's post.
~ be creative! ~

No comments:

Post a Comment